American Aluminum Casting Co., has always maintained a quality management system in order to facilitate meeting the requirements of its customers. In the middle of the 20th century, this quality management system was based upon Military Standards (primarily MIL-I_45208A), and the system evolved to remain compliant with those Standards. However, towards the end of the century, Military Standards were replaced by commercial and industry standards (primarily ISO 9001), and the American Aluminum Casting Co. Quality Management System of today is primarily based upon the requirements of ISS 9001:2008, along with customer-driven requirements.
Some of the processes and systems that American Aluminum Casting Co. uses to meet customer requirements include:
- Complete Casting Layout, inlcuding First Article Inspection in accordance with AS9102A
- Calibration System in accordance with ISO 9001:2015
- Provision of Physical and Chemical Properties
- Wide Variety of Material Specifications, including ASTM B26, ASTM B85, ASTM B108, QQ-A-601F, etc.
- Heat Treatment under carefully controlled conditions in accordance with AMS 2771
- Complete Inspection of Castings in accordance with AMS 2175, MIL-STD-453, ASTM E155, NAVSEA-WS-13585 and others
- Fully trained, competent and qualified personnel for the performance and interpretation of Nondestructive Testing in accordance with MIL-STD-410, SNT-TC-1A, and NAS 410
- Provision of the Results of Radiographic Testing up to a thickness of 5.5 inches
- Performance of, and Provision of the results of Fluorescent Penetrant Testing in accordance with MIL-STD-6866, ASTM-E-1417, MIL-STD-1907 and MIL-I-25135
- Provision of the results of Pressure Testing and Hydrostatic Testing up to 500 psi in accordance with customer requirements
- Comprehensive Sand Testing Capability on-site
- Casting Upgrade in accordance with customer requirements